A Warm Welcome to Our New Family of Sumner Bank & Trust Customers!
Edmonton State Bank is thrilled to warmly welcome you as a new member of our expanded family! Following our recent merger with Sumner Bank & Trust, we are excited to unite our strengths and resources to enhance your community banking experience. Welcome to the Edmonton State Bank family, a family that has flourished for over 125 years.
Edmonton State Bank is committed to delivering exceptional products and services that exceed your expectations. You will experience the same great qualities of Sumner Bank & Trust, like always speaking to a real person on the phone, quick local decision-making, and having your community bank be an actual community member. Our mission is to ensure a seamless transition for all customers, maintaining a high standard of quality and support. Thank you for being a part of our extended family. We are excited about the journey ahead and look forward to serving your community for many years to come!
Should you have any immediate questions or need assistance, please call any of the assistance lines below:
- Questions regarding:
- Debit Cards:
- Mobile Banking/Banking App:
- Checks - Checking & Savings Accounts - Existing Sumner Bank & Trust Loan Payments:
- Debit Cards:
Please review the Welcome Packet by clicking here. You will also receive a hard copy by mail. Inside, you will find important dates, information on our mobile app, the features of your new checking account, and our home loan programs.
How will this affect me?
We aim to provide a seamless transition for all current Sumner Bank & Trust customers. However, there will be two steps you need to take in October of 2023.
- Debit Card – You will receive a new ESB debit card in the mail by October 13, 2023. Your PIN number should also be obtained separately in the mail by October 13, 2023. Please activate your new debit card on or after October 23, 2023, by using any ATM or conducting any transaction requiring input from a PIN number.
- Mobile Banking – If you currently use Sumner Bank & Trust Mobile Banking, please download the Edmonton State Bank Mobile App on the Apple App Store, or Google Play Store. Your login/username will be the same as your Sumner Bank & Trust username. Your password will be the last four numbers of your social security number or TIN for businesses.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will my account number change? No. Customers whose account numbers have changed have been notified. If you have not received a notification, your account number will remain the same.
- Can I still use my Sumner Bank & Trust Checks? Yes. You may use your old checks. When you run out, please place a new order with us, and we will send you a new set of ESB checks.
- Will I receive a new debit card? Yes. ESB will mail you a new debit card on October 2, 2023. ESB will mail your PIN number separately. Your Sumner Bank & Trust debit card will not work after October 23, 2023. Please activate your new Edmonton State Bank debit card after October 23, 2023, by using any ATM or conducting an online purchase that requests a PIN.
- Will my automatic deposit of payroll, Social Security, or any other direct deposit change? No. If you received a direct deposit into your Sumner Bank & Trust account, you should not notice any change in service.
- Will I still receive bank statements in the mail? Yes. If you currently receive a paper statement in the mail, Edmonton State Bank will begin mailing your statement after October 20, 2023.