Debit Card Fraud Protection
Falcon Alert and smsGuardian TM
We’d like to introduce you to a new and outstanding program for your ESB debit card called Falcon Alert.
- A proprietary fraud detection system that takes the work and worry out of using your debit card issued by us. You are automatically enrolled – all you do is use your card!
- State-of-the-art software! Falcon Alert quickly learns your day to day normal spending patterns, evaluates each and every transaction and if a particular transaction is suspicious, a fraud specialist will follow up to verify that you, in fact, did initiate the transaction.
- Like having your own private identity fraud specialist available 24/7 making sure your account information stays safe and secure.
REMINDER: Edmonton State Bank will NEVER ask for your PIN number or any other sensitive personal information, and if at any time you are concerned about your card or talking to a representative from Falcon, please feel free to call us at 270-659-3540.
Our new fraud software will email you, text you, and even call you to try to get in touch with you. We will use information we gathered from you at your account opening including your telephone number(s), and email address and import those into our system. You're automatically enrolled for *free!
There are a few telephone numbers that you can save into your mobile device, so you’ll know it’s us when you get a call or text! If we text you, it will come from a short code number of: 32874. If we call you, it’ll come from telephone number 1-800-417-4592. We encourage you to save these numbers in your phone as, 'ESB Fraud Department'!
If you receive a text message, the text will list a suspect transaction along with a code to confirm whether or not this was something that you did, or if it was fraudulent. You simply reply to the text and the rest is taken care of! If in fact, the transaction was legitimate there is no impact on that transaction or your card. But if after contacting you, it is determined the transaction was not authorized, your card is immediately blocked preventing any additional fraudulent transactions from occurring.
We live in a world where we can never be too careful with our finances, and we hope this new service proves that Edmonton State Bank is moving forward with our customers best interests in mind.
Sign up for our new smsGuardian™ service and you’ll receive text messages regarding activity on your credit and debit cards. You'll only receive text messages if your transaction falls into one of the categories listed below. If you receive a text about a transaction that you think is fraudulent, you can reply immediately and your card will be blocked from further criminal activity. If you receive this message and you know the purchase is legitimate, you don’t need to do anything.
Feeling safer already? Give smsGuardianTM a try. You can enroll any of your Edmonton State Bank debit cards in this service. Visit our enrollment website to register your credit/debit cards and mobile devices. It’s pretty easy, and very reassuring. Visit our enrollment site today and start enjoying some peace of mind.
Here are a few other details:
- Enrollments will be good for a period of one year. You will be notified prior to expiration of your Guardian account and may text a reply to renew.
- Changing your mobile service provider may require you to re-enroll your mobile device.
- You are responsible for any text messaging fees from your phone service provider.
- To enroll all you need is the 16 digit card number, the last 4 of your social security number, and the phone number of the device where you'd like to receive the alerts.
When Will I Receive a Text?
- Any International Transactions
- Authorizations Greater than $300
- 7 or More Transactions in 24 hours
- Card Not Present (online shopping, etc.)
- Declined Authorizations
*Note that it can take up to 48 hours to begin receiving texts.
Ready to Enroll? Click the link below to Sign Up!
(*Text and Data Rates May Apply)